Hi there and welcome! We're excited that you've chosen Authentise's MES. Here's a number of steps you can go through to make sure your organization is using the system.
1) Getting Familiar
By now, you should have had an introduction to the System by our team. You should also have received access to the Showroom and the short video guide. If these haven't happened, please get in touch with us.
2) Defining Customizations
If you have any initial customization needs you will have discussed them with our team prior to this point. If you have not, please do so. There are several areas that are usually customized. They include:
It might take us a little while to complete them before deployment. Get in touch if you want to detail this further.
3) Deployment (optional)
If your organization has chosen one of several deployment options other than cloud, our tech team should have been in touch to discuss next steps. We have prepared a number of resources for your IT staff to understand the implications of deploying on-site and the different options. They're really helpful for everybody - take a look. If our tech team hasn't got in touch, or you or your IT team has questions, please let us know.
If you've chosen to go with a cloud deployment, your deployment will be instantaneous once customizations are complete except in the case in which you've chosen to go with Single Sign on, which will mean that your users won't have to log in separately to our system.
Once your organization has signed up (and if deployment is complete in the case that you've chosen anything other than cloud deployment), you should have received a login to your inbox. This will have been generated by our team for your bureau. You can log in using rapidfab.authentise.com or your personalized domain name. Your user name is your email - but beware: it is case sensitive. Check the formatting of the email you received.
5) Setting up Inventory
Before you can register your first order, you have to set up the inventory. The inventory feed information into various drop down options in the order form and manages many other aspects of the system. The inventory includes the ability to add:
- Manufacturer: When you add materials, printers or post-processors you will be given the option to select a manufacturer so start with this inventory item.
- Locations: Locations are important as you'll want to tell us where the equipment is stationed if you have more than one location.
- Currencies: If you have more than one currency you'll want to define them here. First define a base currency (say USD) and make the multiplier = 1. For all the rest set the multiplier against the base currency.
- Materials: Do this next, as you will be selecting which materials a printer can use in the next step. As with all core inventory items, you have to add material type, followed by individual material stocks.
- Printers: First you need to add a printer type, then the printers themselves. The process is described further here. If you want to receive data from printers for automatic updates, you will also need to install Echo. Instructions for that can be found here.
- Post-Processing Devices: Same process - start with Type and move on to Post Processors.
- Templates: Once you've told us what equipment and material you have it's time to define what processes you want to follow. This is an important step and is defined further here.
- The others: Shipping and Third Party providers are pretty straight forward and largely optional at the moment.
Remember, you can edit your Inventory at any time.
Now it's time to test the system. Go ahead, whirl around: Create an order, and a run. Understand Statuses and how post-processors work. See whether the Machines are reporting correctly into MES. If you have any problems, contact us. The easiest way to file a bug is to do so on our Zendesk page. Just click the "Submit a Request" button.
7) Adding Users
Your final step is to add the users that you want to add. There are several different permissions levels you can choose from for each user. Do you want them to access only prints related to one location ("local user"), or all locations ("Global User"), manage the service (can add new users and so forth), or only be able to upload an order ("Restricted"). More information on adding users can be found here.
We hope this guide was informative. If you need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.