Authentise has now made it easier for you to track and stay up to date with the status of your manufacturing process with its addition of the Authentise QR Traveler and QR Scanner.
Note: QR App will only work on latest versions of supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
In order to successfully use the Authentise QR Scanner, you need to follow two basic steps:
1. Download the Traveler Document
2. Configure the QR Scanner on Your Mobile Device
Downloading the Traveler Document
1. Go to app.authentise.com and log in with your account information.
2. Open a new tab in your browser and navigate to rapidfab.authentise.com
3. Select an order from the main page or navigate to the orders page and select an order.
4. Scroll down to the “CAD File” section and locate the “Prints” section. Click the blue download arrow next to the status and the Traveler document will begin downloading onto your computer.
5. Once downloaded, open up the Traveler document on your computer. You should see the QR code and the name of the related item.
Now that you have the Traveler document with the QR Code, you are ready to start using the QR scanner to track the progress of the item. Next, follow the Mobile Configuration steps to get started with the QR Scanner.
QR Scanner Configuration on Your Mobile Device
1. Go to https://qr.authentise.com and tap “Log in to get started".
2. Log-in to Authentise using your account information.
3. When prompted “qr.authentise.com Would Like to Access the Camera”, please tap “Allow”.
4. Align the QR Code on the traveler document inside red square on the QR Code Scanner.
5. If successful, scanner will display green check box and navigate to the scanned line item’s status.
If you are having trouble with the camera on your mobile device, you may need to check your browser settings on your device to ensure that you have browser access to camera enabled.
(***Steps and screen shots for this below***)
Enabling Camera Access in Safari Browser (iOS)
1. Tap “Settings” on your Home Screen.
2. Scroll down to “Safari” and tap the settings tab.
3. Scroll to “Camera & Microphone Access” option and slide the selector to the right to enable access.